Case Study 1: Large Diesel Engine manufacturer fully automates the cylinder head stud tensioning process
- Manual torquing is time consuming and imprecise.
- Manually tightening with tensioners leaves room for operator errors/omissions and results are hard to document.
Fully automated tensioning system from HTI provides these benefits:
- All of the Cylinder Head nuts are tightened simultaneously.
- Computer control eliminates inconsistency.
- Position sensing assures all studs are properly tensioned.
- Time savings, since each cylinder head is tensioned in less than two minutes with one operator.
- Data logging capability documents data for complete process traceability and later review.