Hydraulic Nut Catalog
Hydraulic tensioning with hydraulic tensioners and nuts is the ideal method for tightening bolted connections. Hydraulic tensioning eliminates inaccuracies and helps achieve correct bolt loading in critical fasteners. At HTI, we’ve been building hydraulic tensioners and nuts since 1986.
The hydraulic nut replaces the nut normally used and stays with the stud. Hydraulic nuts prevent damage to studs and stud threads such as friction damage (sparring, galling), torsional loading, torsional stress, and lateral force that other fastening methods, like torque wrenches or hammer wrenches, can cause. Tensioning with hydraulic nuts is fast and extremely safe.
HTI’s standard hydraulic nuts are compact, easy to use, provide a high level of accuracy, and are suitable for most applications. We also design hydraulic nuts for large stud diameter, high temperature, long stroke, and high capacity applications.
Hydraulic nuts are the most compact hydraulic tensioning system and do not require additional stud length as hydraulic tensioners do. The operator simply screws the hydraulic nut down tight and connects the hydraulic hoses. After reaching pressure, the operator either screws down a collar or inserts shims designed for the specific hydraulic nut application.
Hydraulic Nut Advantages
HTI’s hydraulic nuts offer some significant advantages and can easily be pressurized using HTI’s hydraulic pumps – either air-operated or electric, whichever suits your job better.
- Trouble-free, No-Leak, Lo–Friction Seals.
- Overstroke Indicator and fail-safe overstroke prevention
- Extra–Long Working Stroke.
- Compact and Lightweight Design.
- Simple to Operate and Maintain.
- Ultra-Dependable Operation.
- Multiple ports are available for nut chaining in larger applications with multiple nuts
- Collar, Shim, or Hydraulic Bolt Styles.
Standard Hydraulic Nut Specifications
- A minimum of one thread diameter of thread engagement is recommended.
- Stud load is directly proportional to the pressure applied.
- Can have either side ports or top ports, depending on size
- For top ports, allow 9 inches (23 cm) above tool for hose and fitting clearance.
- Working pressures up to 29,000 psi, 200 MPs, 2,000 Bars
- Extra-long working stroke up to 0.6 inches but we also build hydraulic nuts for extremely long stroke [link to long stroke page] applications.
Custom Engineered Solutions Since 1986
HTI has been designing engineered solutions to your toughest bolt tensioning problems for over 35 years! Choose from one of HTI’s hydraulic nut catalog models or we can design a custom hydraulic nut for any application when a standard model won’t work. HTI hydraulic nuts can be designed for imperial or metric-sized studs. Contact us to start the process of getting the right tensioning solution for your application.